If you are missing multiple or all of your teeth, your quality of life including your ability to speak and chew can be greatly affected. Many people can feel embarrassed while smiling or talking with missing teeth. Some people even feel hopeless about their situation and wonder if their teeth can be restored. One of the best ways of replacing missing teeth and restoring your smile is to get dentures in Fort Worth, TX.
What is a Denture?
A denture is a removable appliance, typically made of acrylic that is designed to replace an entire arch of teeth with natural looking prosthetic teeth. Dentures utilize a snug fit, suction, and sometimes a dental adhesive to stay in place. They not only restore your teeth, but also change the appearance of your face, and patients appreciate being able to reclaim their smiles again.
A partial denture is also a removable appliance that fills in the spaces left by missing teeth much like a puzzle piece. It fits like a retainer, and is a great option for patients who still retain a good number of healthy teeth. Partials snap into place and are anchored with metal clasps for a secure fit.
The Benefits of Wearing Dentures
- Modern dentures are designed to be comfortable, as well as perform the functions of natural teeth. It may take a few dentist visits to get the correct fit, but it is a small price to pay for renewed confidence in chewing and talking.
- You no longer have to have restrictions on what you can eat. With dentures, you can eat all the foods you used to eat before you lost your teeth. However, your dentist may advise what foods to eat in moderation to preserve your dentures.
- Dentures restore your smile and eliminate any social awkwardness you may have felt about the gaps in your teeth.
- Without your teeth, your facial muscles will start to sag. Dentures replace the support in your face, once created by your natural teeth, to help keep your facial appearance and prevent you from looking older.
- The loss of teeth also means oral bone structure will begin to perish. Dentures decrease the rate at which these bones disintegrate.
- If you have any remaining teeth, partial dentures prevent excessive wear and tear on your natural teeth, as chewing forces are evenly distributed to all teeth.
- All traditional dentures are removable, which allows for proper cleaning.
- A lack of teeth can impact the way you pronounce words. Dentures eliminate this problem and make it easier to speak.
- Dentures are available in natural-looking porcelain or plastic materials that create a natural-looking smile.
- Dentures are a cost-effective treatment option, especially if there are natural teeth still present in the mouth.
If you are missing teeth and wish to restore your confident smile, oral health and your ability to chew and talk with ease, contact our team for dentures in Fort Worth, TX today!