A condition of severe gum disease is known as Periodontitis. According to the American Dental Association, it is one of the most common gum disorder found in people. Though the condition is quite serious, yet it can be easily treated if the patients visit an experienced dentist at the right time. It not only helps avoid tooth loss but also keeps the gums fit and fine.
Here, we have listed the top 5 periodontal gum disease treatment that the dentists adopt to treat a periodontal disease.
- Scaling and Root Planning – Scaling is the choice of treatment during the initial stages of Periodontitis. It is performed using laser or ultrasonic devices. The process helps remove bacteria and tartar from the surface of the tooth. Root planning, on the other hand, smoothes the root surfaces. It helps to remove the bacterial products that contribute to inflammation.
- Antibiotics – Antibiotics, or Topical Antibiotics, are a great way to reduce the growth of disease-causing bacteria. It primarily includes antibiotic solutions or gels containing antibiotics. Usually, they are applied in the space between the teeth and gums or into the pockets after deep cleaning. Sometimes, oral antibiotics are also prescribed for permanently eliminating the infection-causing bacteria.
- Pocket-Reduction Surgery – In this procedure, a periodontist makes a tiny incision in the gum for lifting back a section of the gum tissue. This is done to expose the roots for extensive scaling and root planning. The underlying bone is also recontoured before placing the gum tissue back in place. It helps prevent bone loss.
- Soft Tissue Grafts – A loss of gum tissue results in receding of the gum line. Thus, it becomes necessary to reinforce some of the damaged tissues. Usually, this is done by removing some fraction of the soft tissue from the upper portion of the mouth. This process is particularly useful for preventing gum recession and covering the exposed roots.
- Bone Grafting – Bone grafting is performed in case of severe Periodontitis. It is particularly useful when the disease-causing bacteria have destroyed the bone surrounding the root of the tooth. The graft composes small fragments of the patient’s bone and helps prevent tooth loss to a considerable extent. And the best thing is, it serves as a platform for the natural bone to grow
- Tissue Generation – Tissue generation, or guided tissue generation help the bones to grow that was otherwise destroyed by bacteria. In this procedure, a Periodontitis places a fabric between the existing bone and tooth. The fabric helps in preventing unwanted tissue from interrupting the growth of natural bone and tissue.
- Tissue Stimulating Proteins – This process involves applying a special kind of gel to the affected tooth root. The gel comprises proteins that are useful in developing tooth enamel. Additionally, it helps in the growth of healthy bone and tissue.
Periodontitis is a severe dental disorder. It can lead to serious health hazards in the long run. Thus, it should not be left untreated. Therefore, If you are a resident of Keller, TX, and a victim of Periodontitis, then you must visit us for overcoming this grave dental disorder.
At ABC123 Dental, we are highly experienced in treating Periodontitis and related diseases. We always use the latest tools and technologies so that our patients don’t suffer from any kind of pain and discomfort during the course of the treatment. And the best part is, we are always committed to providing affordable gum disease treatment.